[NTG-context] A few questions about texmfcnf.lua and mtxrun in TexLive.

amano.kenji amano.kenji at proton.me
Sat Aug 20 14:13:26 CEST 2022

I'm currently using TexLive 2021 from Gentoo Linux. TexLive 2022 may behave with slight differences.

* How does /usr/share/texmf-local/web2c/texmfcnf.lua override /usr/share/texmf-dist/web2c/texmfcnf.lua? According to mtxrun --configurations, /usr/share/texmf-dist comes later than /usr/share/texmf-local. It seems to me that texmf-dist should override texmf-local.

* mtxrun --resolve-path '$SELFAUTOPARENT' resolves selfautoparent to '.' which is the current working directory if selfautodir is /usr. I think mtxrun refuses to accept '/' as selfautoparent and assigns the current working directory to selfautoparent. Is this a bug?