[NTG-context] How can I make a Gentoo Linux package for ConTeXt LMTX?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Fri Aug 19 15:11:58 CEST 2022

On 8/19/2022 3:03 PM, amano.kenji wrote:
> Wait. Are you actually saying that no one who has write access to ConTeXt source is going to write documentation that describes manual offline installation for package distributors?
Not sure what you mean here but basically a (future) installation is:

- unzip the main zip file
- goto the source subtree
- run build.sh (assumes compiler and cmake installed)
- move the binary file to the relevant bin location
- set symlinks from luametatex to mtsrun and context
- copy mtxrun.lua and context.lue there too
- adapt your path
- maybe add texmf-fonts and texmf-projects
- and you're done

so, something like that, or ... use the online installer instead.

And how a packager then use that is upto the packager .. we don't
prescript something at all.