[NTG-context] \nolimits no effect in LMTX

Stefan Haller stefan.haller at stha.de
Tue Aug 16 18:15:10 CEST 2022

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 05:47:06PM +0200, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> \definemathoperator[nosum][sum][method=nolimits]
>
> \startformula
>   \sum [method=nolimits]_{i=1}^{n} a_i +
>   \sum _{i=1}^{n} a_i +
>   \sum [bottom={n},top={i=1},topcolor=red] a_i +
>   \nosum _{i=1}^{n} a_i
>   \nosum[method=auto] _{i=1}^{n} a_i
> \stopformula
>
> \stoptext

Thanks for the response and also for your efforts creating and
maintaining ConTeXt! The proposed alternative work well. This also
solves the confusion due to never being able to to remember that I have to
put the \limits / \nolimits directive *after* the symbol I want to
modify.

If somebody else stumbled across this: The code for the *mathoperators
macros sits in `mkxl/math-lop.mkxl`.

Best regards,
Stefan