[NTG-context] \nolimits no effect in LMTX

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Tue Aug 16 17:47:06 CEST 2022

On 8/16/2022 3:38 PM, Stefan Haller via ntg-context wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The \nolimits macro has no effect in LMTX, but works fine in the context
> mkiv version of my texlive installation.
>
> Small example:
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
>    \sum\nolimits_{i=1}^{n} a_i
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
>
> In LMTX the sub- and superscripts are incorrectly placed below and above
> the sum operator. Can someone have a look what's going wrong? Thanks in
> advance!
\starttext

\definemathoperator[nosum][sum][method=nolimits]

\startformula
   \sum [method=nolimits]_{i=1}^{n} a_i +
   \sum _{i=1}^{n} a_i +
   \sum [bottom={n},top={i=1},topcolor=red] a_i +
   \nosum _{i=1}^{n} a_i
   \nosum[method=auto] _{i=1}^{n} a_i
\stopformula

\stoptext

the \nolimits command is actually a modifier that 'looks back'and
patches a previous math atom an dthat doesn't work well with the new
more flexible implementation of \sum as math operator