[NTG-context] lmtx and \prime ?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 4 21:57:09 CEST 2022

On 8/4/2022 8:52 PM, Michael Urban via ntg-context wrote:
> I get a different result for mkiv and lmtx for the following input:
>
> \starttext
>   Even now, a six footer is two
> standard deviations from the mean. Remember, 5\prime{}7\prime\prime{} is 50th percentile today
> for a 15 year old.
> \stoptext
>

> With mkiv, the prime marks for inches and feet are where I expect them; in lmtx, they are placed almost to the baseline.
>
> Wrong lmtx, or user error?

% you can add this to cont-new.mkxl

\immutable\Umathchardef\minute\zerocount\zerocount\privatecharactercode{prime
0x2032 1}
\immutable\Umathchardef\second\zerocount\zerocount\privatecharactercode{prime
0x2033 1}

\starttext

Even now, a six footer is two standard deviations from the mean. Remember,
5\minute7\second\ is 50\high{th} percentile today for a 15 year old.

\stoptext

I need to discuss this with Mikael as it assumes that all math fonts are
set up that way). In lmtx (luametatex) primes are native features and
assume dimensions that we can work with (primes and minutes are a
typical example of messed up math unicode).