[NTG-context] issue with lpath

Taco Hoekwater taco at bittext.nl
Thu Aug 4 12:22:00 CEST 2022

> On 3 Aug 2022, at 15:54, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> BTW, is there any way to rephrase "{h3 + blockquote}" in proper Lua?

I was wondering about that as well, and I really had no clue how to do that. Some
reading and studying later, I realised that there is a preceding-sibling:: axis.

That is not documented in xml-mkiv.pdf I think, but it inherited from xpath, and that means this works:

  \xmlsetsetup{#1}{blockquote/preceding-sibling::h3[-1]/} {xml:section}

“Take all blockquotes, then tests their immediate preceding siblings (index [-1]) that are h3."

But the CSS version is nicer. Still, both solutions fail on generic input.

Sorry, out of clues

Best wishes,Taco

—
Taco Hoekwater              E: taco at bittext.nl