[NTG-context] What exactly is lpath?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 3 17:05:23 CEST 2022

On 8/3/2022 4:39 PM, Denis Maier via ntg-context wrote:
>> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

indeed, all lua code is written in the context perspective; we used some
socket code but that was also stripped and parially redone (seemed not
maintained at that time)

keep in mind that we started with luate xin 2005 so much of the lua code
had to be written anyway and it also had to be pretty efficient and
useable in tex; roberto had an example of a simple xml parser and for
xml i started from that but by now it's quite different and way more
extensive; we need to be able to handle huge files

so, no dependencies and we keep it that way

> Just like Pablo, I'm from time to time reading through the xml-mkiv manual, and I was just wondering if there other places where I can other examples or explanations. (If it were a more general Lua thing for example...)

the test suite and x-* files ...