[NTG-context] Forbid footnotes from splitting across pages

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Wed Aug 3 15:47:05 CEST 2022

On 8/3/22 03:05, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد via ntg-context wrote:
> Dear gang,
>
> Objectives:
>
> i)  Prevent footnotes from splitting across a page or pagebreak

Dear Idris,

I wonder whether a \framed[offset=none, frame=off, width=\textwidth]
would make sense here.

At least, it would prevent page breaks.

> ii) Make sure that the footnote reference number in the main text is
> always on the same page as the footnote.

\setupnote[footnote][split=verystrict, scope=text] might help here.

But it cannot achieve what is practically impossible:

  \setupnote[footnote][split=verystrict, scope=text]

  \starttext
  \dorecurse{25}
    {ab cd ef\footnote{\input{knuth}}}
  \stoptext

I know that this depends from the publisher, but in these cases endnotes
are a way more viable option.

Just in case it might help,

Pablo