[NTG-context] Can't no break between a close punctuation and a open punctuation

黄复雄 aahuaang at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 09:06:30 CEST 2022

I sent this email four days ago and it may not have been delivered?

Dear Hans,

I found that ConTeXt injected two infinity penalties between a close
punctuation and a open punctuation, for example between `”` and `“`, or
between `:` and `“`, so can not break at these places, as showed in
following doc. But actually, we may sometimes need to do so. Please note
that there is no space around full width punctuations in Chinese document.

doc for example:

```lmtx
\setscript[hanzi]
\usetypescriptfile[mscore]
\usebodyfont   [mschinese,20pt]

\showframe

\starttext

\dorecurse{5}{“好?!;”“:,。”} % linebreak sutck

\dorecurse{30}{“我”} % linebreak sutck

\dorecurse{30}{我} % linebreak work

\dorecurse{30}{我。} % linebreak work

\stoptext
```

What I see between any two consecutive punctuations are

<penalty userpenalty>       10000
<glue userskip>             0       0       655500
<penalty userpenalty>       10000
<glue userskip>             0       655500  0

so nowhere to linebreak.

Thanks.

                              Huang Fusyong(黄复雄)