[NTG-context] Any way to configure \setuphead to run a setups on the stop command?

Bruce Horrocks ntg at scorecrow.com
Tue Jul 26 12:41:47 CEST 2022

If I use \definehead [Chapter] [chapter] and then \setuphead[Chapter][...] I can specify setups to run before and after \startChapter.

Is there any way to specify setups that are run before & after \stopChapter?

My real problem is that I have a double-sided book with new chapters starting on a right hand page. If an extra left-hand page gets added then that extra page is blank except for the header which continues from the previous chapter. This makes the page look a bit odd and I'd rather the header was blank.

I can fix this by ensuring each chapter emits a final page (to ensure the headers on the last text-bearing page of the chapter are shown) and then clearing the header temporarily using: \stopChapter\page\setupheader[state=empty]

This works so I wondered if there was a way of adding it to \stopChapter ?

I can edit each individual chapter file easily enough so no need to add it as a feature if it's not already available in some way.

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK