[NTG-context] french quotation marks

Arthur Rosendahl arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Jul 26 11:48:54 CEST 2022

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 09:51:35PM +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi, according to my knowledge (and also Wikipedia), French uses « … » as
> double (\quotation) and ‹ … › as single (\quote) quotation marks.
>
> The current setting in ConTeXt however is « … » for both, just with less
> spacing for \quote.
> If no francophone user objects I’d suggest to fix this.

  I object :-)  Single chevrons are not used at all in typography from
France.  I read however on https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillemet that
they are in Switzerland, hence if that can be confirmed there could be
an option for Swiss French; but in the mean time I think that the
current setup should stay as it is.

	Best,

		Arthur