[NTG-context] the system not working on Linux 32 with Context-lmtx

Jan Mikkelsen janm at transactionware.com
Wed Jul 20 15:31:07 CEST 2022

Hi,

I had/have a very similar problem on FreeBSD with TeXLive 2021, with the same context.lua not found message, which I posted about a while ago.

I “resolved” it by setting TEXMF to point to my texmf-dist directory, in my case /usr/local/share/texmf-dist. It would be nice for it to work without setting TEXMF.

Without setting TEXMF, running "mtxrun —generate” guesses a little differently, then attempts to scan all of /usr, and then fails when parts have no read permission.

I suspect it is working when you are in /usr/share/texmf-dist because the “collapsepath” function in mtxrun is collapsing “/../..” from /usr/bin to “.” instead of “/“. (Which seems like a bug, but I’m not sure.)

If I run “TEXMF=/usr/local/share/texmf-dist context file.tex” things run correctly, and a ~/.texlive2021 directory is created. Running “TEXMF=/usr/local/shared/texmf-dist mtxrun —generate” runs without error but also doesn’t generate a ~/.texlive2021 directory.

The real problem seems to be that mtxrun doesn’t deal well with the filesystem layout case of “/top-level/bin/mtxrun” and “/top-level/share/texmf-dist”.

Regards,

Jan M.