[NTG-context] MP scratch counter

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Wed Jul 13 23:04:36 CEST 2022

On 7/13/2022 10:58 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
> Am 13.07.22 um 22:33 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context:
>> in mlib-int.lmt change this:
>>
>> registerdirect("PageNumber",           function() return
>> getcount("userpageno")                    end)
>>
>> (beware it's there twice - i'll fix that)
>>
>> btw, normally you would use RealPageNumber for such a counter
>
> Thank you, I just replaced all occurrences of PageNumber with
> RealPageNumber, and it works.
> This seems to have changed within the last few years, though.
Not really ... what did change was the gleu between tex - lua - mp (way
more efficient and direct) and 'pageno' is some old plain thing, we have
userpageno ... so user interface wise it's all the same (maybe some more
actuall).  What did change was the adapation to even /odd pages for
which one had to do some swapping in the mp code and which is now more
automatic