[NTG-context] Bug in placeformula

Mikael Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 23:08:14 CEST 2022

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 6:34 PM Otared Kavian via ntg-context
<ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:

> Dear Hans, dear Mikael,
>
> In my experiments with the new math engine, I noticed that there is an issue with \placeformula when one sets the location of the numbers on the left: the number is one line above the formula. Here is a minimal example:
>
> % begin bug-placeformula-left.tex
> \setupformulas[location=left]
>
> \starttext
>
> \placeformula
> \startformula
> a^2 + b^2 = c^2.
> \stopformula
>
> \stoptext
> % end bug-placeformula-left.tex
>
> Moreover, in some environments (such as enumerations) the bug destroys completely the flow of text but I could not set up a minimal example to send you.
>
> Best regards: Otared

Thanks for reporting! We must have missed this one while testing. It
should be fixed.

If you for the moment can live without splitting, then this seems to
give you the formula number where expected:

\placeformula
\startformula[location=left,split=no,numberlocation=overlay]
a^2 + b^2 = c^2.
\stopformula

(or put the keys in \setupformula)

I hope it helps.