[NTG-context] Workshop at FrOSCon

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 10 12:24:40 CEST 2022

On 7/10/2022 8:36 AM, Axel Kielhorn via ntg-context wrote:

>> Am 09.07.2022 um 19:27 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl>:
>>
>> Tell them there will be a German book next year (I hope...); I’ll send you a link off-list.
>
> I’m looking forward to your book.
> In the meantime there is a short guide at:
>
> https://github.com/AKielhorn/Context-Intro
Just for the record: luametatex is *not* optimized for context, it just
provides (rather generic) stuff not present in other engines that we can
benefit from. That said: of course after decades of context we know what
is missing in tex that we could benefit from, and we do. One distinction
between luatex and luametatex is that we delegate some more to lua.

The reworked math engine is something that is probably very contextisch
if only because other macro packages are locked into "chisseled in stone
ams (and alike) math as the only thruthful and accepted by publishers
way to do it" so there the "optimized" sort of applies, in the sense
that we can fully benefit from it as well have extra features that make
certain things possible.