[NTG-context] Workshop at FrOSCon

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Sat Jul 9 19:27:56 CEST 2022

Am 09.07.22 um 17:48 schrieb juh+ntg-context--- via ntg-context:
> My workshop was accepted. What shall I cover? It's a workshop for
> beginners?
> - Installation
> - Hello word
> What would you cover? Project structure? Style creation?

In my experience, most participants will know LaTeX, i.e. you must tell
them to forget everything they believe to know about TeX ;P

– Layout, i.e. \setuppapersize, \setuplayout and \showlayout
– Structure, i.e. \startchapter, \startitemize
– Images & Floats, i.e. \externalfigure, \startplacefigure

Project structure makes sense if you have more than one hour.

> I think one part will be: Where to find documentation?

Yes.

Tell them there will be a German book next year (I hope...); I’ll send
you a link off-list.

I guess your Markdown workflow might interest some.

> And if you want to join me in the workshop you're welcome!

Sorry.

Hraban