[NTG-context] Malfunctioning of syllabic partitioning of words in Spanish

Joaquín Ataz López jal at um.es
Thu Jul 7 06:57:49 CEST 2022

I am writing a document in Spanish and I notice that the syllable
partitioning of words does not conform to the rules of the language. And
so, for example, the word "limitarse" is partitioned as "lim-itarse"
(the correct one is "li-mi-tar-se"), "colores" as "col-ores" (instead of
"co-lo-res"), "abstenerse" as "absten-erse" (and it should be
"abs-te-ner-se"), etc.

These are too many errors; moreover, given that the syllabic
partitioning rules in Spanish are relatively simple. Is it possible that
something has been changed in the Spanish language module?
I do not know Lua and therefore I am not in a position to correct the
corresponding module on my own, but I could synthesize the syllable
partitioning rules for those who can, if they do not speak Spanish and
need help in that field.

--
Joaquín Ataz López
Universidad de Murcia | jal at um.es