[NTG-context] upload

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 6 22:10:20 CEST 2022

Hi,

We're pleased to announce the first official release of the new math
code. We're talking of:

-- a reworked math engine (which happened stepwise so some already
trickled into previous uploads)

-- settling on one model for display math but with alignment variants as
well as improving inline math (e.g. wrt linebreaks)

-- redoing bit of the (sub) numbering

-- improving the alignment features (the traditional one and the
text/page mode one)

-- fixing the math font using all kind of tweaks in the goodie file

-- providing means to annotate formulas

-- we ditched support for \over simply because it is too fragile wrt
spacing (one can \usemodule[oldmath] to get it back

-- we might move some more alien stuff to m-oldmath in due time

We paid a lot of attention to details of positioning, sizing and spacing
of glyphs. We do have some documents in the making that describe this
(some are in the ontarget namespace) and the second half of this year we
use for writing a math manual (Mikael) and updating the luametatex
manual (Hans). For sure we will run into unforseen issues, come up with
additional things and try to please users who have demands. There are
'hidden' features that will be revealed stepwise.

An example of some usage will be posted next.

The pragma-ade.com domain is still in transfer but the nl one should
work fine. There is now also a https://www.luametatex.org that might be
get some more than there is now (when i find it useful but best to have
the domain for the ctx group).

Mikael & Hans

(on behalf of the CMS)