[NTG-context] MetaPost label font size

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Wed Jul 6 14:36:38 CEST 2022

On 7/6/2022 1:36 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
> Am 06.07.22 um 12:45 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context:
>> On 7/6/2022 12:19 PM, fv leung via ntg-context wrote:
>>> My stupid way to get labels of different sizes:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \startMPcode
>>>
>>>    label("normal label", (0, 0));
>>>
>>>    label("\setsmallbodyfont small label", (0, 18));
>>>
>>>    label("\setbigbodyfont big label", (0, -18));
>>>
>>> \stopMPcode
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>> nothing stupid about that ... it's how i would do it
>
> Okay. So there’s really no possibility to adapt whatever defines the
> label font size except defaultfontsize inbetween? Strange.
>
> My solution so far was to split the picture and re-combine it afterwards.
well, if there would be another way you would find it strange there if
that would interfere with whatever else goes into a label text because
we support arbitrary tex ... no way to figure out what struts, line
distances, spacing, either of not adapt to current situation, delayed vs
immediate inclusion, etc ... you can't have both worlds

if course you can make some macro (or define a highlight) and use that
in the labels