[NTG-context] Custom engine settings in AUCTEX

Hans Hagen j.hagen at freedom.nl
Sun Jul 3 12:33:17 CEST 2022

On 7/2/2022 11:08 PM, Lizardo Reyna via ntg-context wrote:
> You can try adding a TeX-command with this:
>
> (eval-after-load "context"
>
>    '(setq TeX-command-list
>
>      (append
>
>        '(
>
>          ("context"
>
> "context --purgeall %t"
>
>            TeX-run-command t :help "Run context (MarkIV)")
>
>          ("luametatex"
>
> "context --purgeall %t"
>
>            TeX-run-command t :help "Run context (LMTX)")
>
>        ) TeX-command-list
>
>      )
>
>    )
>
>    )
>
> --
Assuming that the runner (mtxrun or context) is an alias to luametatex,
you can do:

context foo.tex           : lmtx
context --luatex foo.tex  : mkiv

an lmtx installation assume this. So, luametatex, iven when not used is
the assumed runner for luatex then.

ps. On some platforms mtxrun/context is a small independent stub but
that will change for this model. The same for shebang'd launching: we
always assume a binary stub.