[NTG-context] "pragma-ade.com" is now a domain parking page

Max Chernoff mseven at telus.net
Fri Jul 1 12:15:24 CEST 2022

>> Hans had been complaining about networksolutions not allowing him to move the domain away from them, so I guess this was to be expected.
> indeed, and transfer is pending for ages now ... looks liek they don't
> like to transfer

They only have 5 days to respond to a transfer request. If it's been
longer -- which it presumably has been -- you can file a complaint with
ICANN, which should hopefully push them to complete the transfer.

     https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/transfer-complaint-24aug16-en.pdf

Even if it's expired, you should still be able to transfer it:

     https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2017-10-10-en (#11)

The WHOIS info says that the domain doesn't expire until 2023-06-28, so
I'm not too sure what's going on here.

> make me wonder if we should just ditch that domain and stick to the nl
> one only, saves money too

There are lots of links around the web to "pragma-ade.com". It might be a
good idea to phase out the .com and have all of the pages redirect to the
.nl, but I'd say that it's probably worth the ~$15/year to make sure that
pragma-ade.com isn't used to host spam/porn/malware.

-- Max