[NTG-context] Auto width and height on table cells

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Thu Jun 30 12:12:07 CEST 2022

Am 30.06.22 um 09:36 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context:
> On 6/30/2022 9:22 AM, Angel M Alganza via ntg-context wrote:
>>> They’re also tedious, because you can’t setup rows/columns in advance
>>> (like \setupTABLE) – or did that change?
>>
>> I'm afraid you're right.
> You're joking right? SInce when can one not set up something in some
> context subsystem? Why would I make a table mechanism with no presets?

Yes, presets are nice, and I appreciate the better performance, but if I
can setup stuff like striped tables or some other “advanced” formatting
without explicite settings within the table, I prefer that.

I can stay with “natural tables” (and “tabulate” for easy cases), but
the auto-stretching of rows or whole tables _is_ missing.

Unfortunately, this is a situation like in LaTeX: We have a choice of
table “packages”, but none of them covers my most common use cases.

Hraban