[NTG-context] Contractions in ligature suppression word list

Bruce Horrocks ntg at scorecrow.com
Mon Jun 6 20:19:10 CEST 2022

> On 6 Jun 2022, at 06:37, Thangalin via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> Attached are tweaked endings for words like "wolf" to include contracted endings, but they are being ignored. This makes for a minor inconsistency:
>
>   wolfing -- no ligature
>   wolfish -- no ligature
>   wolfin -- no ligature (incorrect spelling, though)
>   wolfin' -- ligature
>
> Any ideas? I tried adding various -in suffixes without luck:
>
>             suffixes = [[
>                 in,
>                 in',
>                 in’,
>                 ing
>             ]],
>
> See https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Ligatures#Word_suppression for an example usage.
>
> Thank you!
> <lang-en.llg>

I'm probably missing something here but...

1) The file you attached doesn't include the word "wolfing", nor "wolfin". I assume they need to be added into the f|i section? Wolfish *is* present so I'm not sure why it's being ignored unless there is an error being generated as a result of point (2) below, causing the whole file to be ignored.

2) Your suffixes list has comma separators - all the other word lists use whitespace as a separator.

3) Lastly, dumb question but... have you checked that you edited the right file? In my ConTeXt install there are two "lang-en.llg" files - one under <root>/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/patterns/lmtx and the other under .../patterns/mkxl

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK