[NTG-context] pages with facing text

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Mon Jun 6 19:31:56 CEST 2022

Dear list,

mixing the info that Wolfgang posted on this list some time ago
(https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2016/087629.html), I tried
to create a sample for facing pages with different streams:

  \showframe\showgrid\showstruts
  \starttext

  \startoutputstream[one]
     \startcolor[darkred]
     \dorecurse{10}{\section{Knuth}\pushoutputstream

     \inouter{first}\input knuth\footnote{note}\par\pushoutputstream}
     \stopcolor
  \stopoutputstream

  \startoutputstream[two]
     \startcolor[darkgreen]
     \dorecurse{10}{\section{Zapf}\pushoutputstream

     \inouter{second}\input zapf\footnote{note}\par\pushoutputstream}
     \stopcolor
  \stopoutputstream

  \synchronizestreams[one,two]

  \setbox\scratchboxone\outputstreambox[one]
  \setbox\scratchboxtwo\outputstreambox[two]

  \input zapf\page

  \doloop
   {\ifvoid\scratchboxone
      \exitloop
    \else
      \setbox\scratchboxfour\vsplit\scratchboxone to \textheight
      \vbox to \vsize{\box\scratchboxfour\vss}%
      \setbox\scratchboxfive\vsplit\scratchboxtwo to \textheight
      \vbox to \vsize{\box\scratchboxfive\vss}%
    \fi}
  \stoptext

I’m afraid that after my mixture, matching paragraphs don’t even start
at the same page height.

Would it be also possible to have notes, margin data and independent
section numbering for each stream?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo