[NTG-context] Improving pandoc's ConTeXt output

Albert Krewinkel albert+context at zeitkraut.de
Sun Jun 5 09:07:37 CEST 2022

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to improve the ConTeXt output generated by pandoc,
the document convert. There are two questions that we haven't decided
on, and I'd be grateful to receive some feedback from ConTeXt experts on
these issues:

1. As far as I understand, the `\section` syntax currently produced by
   pandoc should be considered mkii legacy syntax. We're likely going to
   switch to the modern `\startsection`/`\stopsection` syntax instead.
   Are there any concerns about retiring the old syntax?
   (Side note: pandoc already produces the new syntax, but only when
   called with `--section-divs`.)

2. Similarly, I'd like to start wrapping paragraphs with
   `\startparagraph`/`\stopparagraph`. It is important for me to get
   properly tagged PDF, but this would also make the output more
   verbose. Is that something that you would find bothering, or do you
   see adding the extra environment by default as an acceptable
   practice?

Of course, I'd also be happy to get other suggestions on how to improve
pandoc's ConTeXt support.

Thanks in advance,

Albert

--