[NTG-context] Compiling a large metapost document

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed Jun 1 22:25:01 CEST 2022

On 6/1/22 22:15, Stefan Nedeljkovic via ntg-context wrote:
> The problem *is* the file size. There is not a minimal example,
> because everything works when there is less drawdot commands. There is
> 125000+ drawdot commands in the file.
> The run ends with the message:
> If you really absolutely need more capacity, you can ask a wizard to
> enlarge me.
> mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1
>
> I really don't know how to "enlarge" LMTX, so my question is not about
> debugging the file, but rather compiling it. The current version of the
> file should produce no syntax etc. errors. I accidentally uploaded the
> wrong file twice, now it should be fixed, and you should get the same
> message in the console as me.

Excuse me: you want me to download a huge file, from an unknown author,
that may or may not contain all sorts of things. You want me to compile
this file on my computer. To obtain an error message that you could have
mentioned in your first message. Why? Why don't you search the list
archives with the key words "enlarge capacity"? I still don't understand
what you expect us to do.

Thomas