[NTG-context] Align headings on the left

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:55:43 CEST 2022

Jürgen Althaus via ntg-context schrieb am 30.05.2022 um 18:37:

> Hello all,
>
> my first post in this mailing list and I hope you can help me. I am
> looking for a setting that sets the headings completely left-aligned.
> Have unfortunately found nothing suitable in the online search. Maybe
> I searched for the wrong terms?

The layout of titles can be changed with the \setuphead commmand
and the alternative key is used to select on of the predefined styles,
in your case paragraph is the style you need.

%%%% begin example
\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [alternative=paragraph]

\starttext

\chapter{Bestehen und Reichweite eines arbeitgeberseitigen
Weisungsrechts auf Anordnung der Teilnahme \unknown}

\input lorem

\stoptext
%%%% end example

The ConTeXt wiki has a separate page with all major documents
(https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Documentation) and the "not so short
introduction"
gives a overview over many ConTeXt features.

Wolfgang