[NTG-context] Help needed with slide grid layout

Stefan Nedeljkovic tsar.srb at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:35:48 CEST 2022

Dear list,

This is a follow-up question on my previous question about Jean-Luc Doumont
and his grid layouts. This time I have concrete questions. I reverse
engineered his slide (slide_grid_overlay.pdf). All his units are based on
inches, because the inch is an integer multiple (72) of the TeX point. His
base unit is 0.1in. I tried implementing the layout first, but the pdf
dimensions do not match the ones I set up. For example the width should be
8 inches, but the pdf is over 11 inches wide. I wish to shut off all
margins and similar things and only have a text area with an offset of
0.2in all around the page (see slide_grid_overlay.pdf). Here is my current
attempt:

%\input fonts

\definemeasure[base][0.1in]

\definemeasure[zero][0in]

\definepapersize[slide][width=80\measure{base},height=60\measure{base}]

\setuppapersize[slide]

\setuplayout[

leftedge=\measure{zero},

rightedge=\measure{zero},