[NTG-context] XML Namespaces and XML Setups

Bruce Horrocks ntg at scorecrow.com
Tue May 24 17:40:16 CEST 2022

I haven't seen it explicitly documented - my cue to add it to the Wiki I guess!

I work with XML a fair bit and, IMHO, the WWW consortium docs do a very poor job of explaining namespaces because they make them seem much more complicated than they are. Essentially, a tag with a namespace identifier is just another tag i.e. treat all the characters, including the colon, as the tag name. Armed with that knowledge I just created a second tag definition in the sample code you posted.

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK