[NTG-context] ignore not closed tags in XML input

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat May 21 19:28:02 CEST 2022

On 5/19/22 00:09, Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context wrote:
>> On 18 May 2022, at 17:00, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context wrote:
>> Sorry for explaining myself so poorly.
>>
>> One of the not irrelevant tasks for me is finding examples of XML code.
>
> Perhaps you could start by typesetting a technical source rather
> than prose?
> > I suggest trying to typeset the UK Meteorological Office's Shipping
> Forecast :-)
>
> [...]>
> It's a good (in my opinion) source because it is amenable to being
> printed in several different ways: one might be to simply copy the
> webpage's layout, while another could be to use columns to fit more
> onto a single page of text.

Hi Bruce,

many thanks for your advice.

This could be a good way to practice things that I’m not used to.

After all, the things you can do with pandoc are rather limited when
considered from XML.

> Alternatively, a much more demanding exercise would be to typeset the
> user manual for the XML editing software "Oxygen": <https://www.oxygenxml.com>> > The XML source for the manual is here:
>   <https://github.com/oxygenxml/userguide/blob/master/DITA/UserManual.ditamap>

Many thanks for your tip, but I’m afraid this isn’t my cup of tea.

But this reminded me of the Guidelines from the Text Encoding Initiative
(https://tei-c.org).

The PDF version of these Guidelines are roughly over 2000 pages.

It could be also a good exercise (and also demanding).

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo