[NTG-context] split TABLE cells

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Thu May 19 12:44:56 CEST 2022

> Am 19.05.2022 um 08:14 schrieb Hans Hagen via ntg-context <ntg-context at ntg.nl>:
>
> On 5/18/2022 8:07 PM, Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just found an old mail from 30 May 2008:
>> How do I split not only TABLE but cells? It was not possible then.
>> \starttext
>> \bTABLE[split=yes,option=stretch]
>> \bTR
>> \bTD
>> \input tufte \input knuth Hello world ...
>> \eTD
>> \bTD
>> \input tufte
>> \eTD
>> \bTD
>> \input knuth
>> \eTD
>> \eTR
>> \bTR
>> \bTD
>> Test
>> \eTD
>> \bTD
>> Test
>> \eTD
>> \bTD
>> Test
>> \eTD
>> \eTR
>> \eTABLE
>> \stoptext
> not possible, use tabulate instead

do you have a MWE?

the example from https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tabulate gives an empty page:

\setuppapersize[A10, landscape][A8, landscape]
\setuppaper[nx=2,ny=2]
\setuparranging[XY]

\switchtobodyfont[5pt]
\setuppagenumbering[location={header,inright}]
\showframe[edge]

\setuptabulate
 [split=yes,
  header=text,
  title={\color[red] Fenchurch St. Paul},
  frame=on]

\starttabulate[|p(1.2cm)|p(1.2cm)|]
\dorecurse{6}{
\NC  Bells:  \NC  Tin tan din dan bim bam bom bo \NC\NR
\HL
\NC  Name:  \NC  Tailor Paul \NC \NR
\HL
}