[NTG-context] Does writing \emdash versus writing "—" in the source file impact the displayed output?

Joel uaru99 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 14:48:14 CEST 2022

I have been using \endash, \emdash, and \figuredash in place of the various types of dashes in my document, \quotation{} around quotes, etc. so basically the only really punctuation appearing in the tex file are periods, commas, semi-colons, colons, apostrophes, and question-marks. The problem I have is when copying to a tool like Grammarly for grammar checks, these special symbols throw off the grammar-checking tools.

Does ConTeXt render and display these punctuation differently when I write them in the coded form, versus simply writing in the unicode directly?
--Joel