[NTG-context] Does \startnotallmodes work?

Rik Kabel rik at panix.com
Wed May 11 02:37:14 CEST 2022

On 2022-05-10 17:39, Gerben Wierda via ntg-context wrote:
> Example. Call with
>
> context —mode=FR
>
> - Uncomment the first commented lines. Compilation fails because mode
> FR is on so that works
>
> But I get English anyway. Uncomment the second commented part and it
> fails, but it should not because mode=EN is not turned on.
>
> %\startmode[FR]
> %  \BLURBONE
> %  \stopmode
>
> \startnotallmodes[FR,RU]% english is the default
> \enablemode[EN]
> \stopnotallmodes
>
> \startmode[EN]
> %  \BLURBTWO
> \setuplanguage[en][patterns={en}]
> \setupexternalfigure[directory=../LMTX-Output/without-ids/en/ArchiMate
> 3.1 Metamodel ESv4]
> \stopmode
> \startmode[FR]
> \setuplanguage[fr][patterns={en,fr}]
> \setupexternalfigure[directory=../LMTX-Output/without-ids/fr/ArchiMate
> 3.1 Metamodel ESv4]
> \stopmode
> \startmode[RU]
> \setuplanguage[ru][patterns={en,ru}]
> \setupexternalfigure[directory=../LMTX-Output/without-ids/ru/ArchiMate
> 3.1 Metamodel ESv4]
> \stopmode
>
> Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
> R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
> Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture
> <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
> Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>

Gerben,

\startnotallmodes is behaving as it should. Here, it is not the case
that RU and FR (all the listed modes) are set, so EN is enabled, and you
actually have both FR and EN set.

Try the following with

        context —mode=FR

and make sure you understand the result.

    \starttext
    \doifmode{EN}{EN is enabled\par}
    \doifmode{FR}{FR is enabled\par}
    \doifmode{RU}{RU is enabled\par}
    \doifmode{FR,RU}{at least one of FR and RU modes is enabled\par}
    \doifmode{EN,RU}{at least one of EN and RU modes is enabled\par}
    \doifmode{EN,FR}{at least one of EN and FR modes is enabled\par}
    \doifmode{EN,FR,RU}{at least one of EN, FR, and RU modes is enabled\par}
    \doifnotmode{EN}{EN is not enabled\par}
    \doifnotmode{FR}{FR is not enabled\par}
    \doifnotmode{RU}{RU is not enabled\par}
    \doifnotmode{EN,RU}{neither EN nor RU is enabled\par}
    \doifnotmode{EN,FR}{neither EN nor FR is enabled\par}
    \doifnotmode{RU,FR}{neither RU nor FR is enabled\par}
    \doifnotallmodes{FR,RU}{all of FR and RU modes are not enabled\par}
    \doifnotallmodes{EN,RU}{all of EN and RU modes are not enabled\par}
    \doifnotallmodes{EN,FR}{all of EN and FR modes are not enabled\par}
    \doifnotallmodes{EN,FR,RU}{all of EN, FR, and RU modes are not
    enabled\par}
    \stoptext

Then, add the following block to the beginning of the file and try again.

    \definemode[EN,FR,RU][keep]
    \doifmodeelse{EN}
       {    \disablemode[FR]
            \disablemode[RU]}
       {\doifmodeelse{FR}
        {   \disablemode[EN]
            \disablemode[RU]}
        {\doifmodeelse{RU}
          { \disablemode[EN]
            \disablemode[FR]}}
          { \enablemode[EN]}}

I find it useful to add such a block to the environment of every file
that uses mutually-exclusive modes. This version pf the block sets a
default value if none is on the command line.

--
Rik