[NTG-context] Can I use language as a mode (set on the command line) and simplify this?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Tue May 10 22:41:09 CEST 2022

I currently have:

\startnotallmodes[FR,RU]% english is the default
\enablemode[EN]
\stopmode
\startmode[EN]
\setuplanguage[en][patterns={en}]
\setupexternalfigure[directory=../LMTX-Output/without-ids/en/ArchiMate 3.1 Metamodel ESv4]
\stopmode
\startmode[FR]
\setuplanguage[fr][patterns={en,fr}]
\setupexternalfigure[directory=../LMTX-Output/without-ids/fr/ArchiMate 3.1 Metamodel ESv4]
\stopmode
\startmode[RU]
\setuplanguage[ru][patterns={en,ru}]
\setupexternalfigure[directory=../LMTX-Output/without-ids/ru/ArchiMate 3.1 Metamodel ESv4]
\stopmode

I was wondering if this can be simplified, e.g. by setting language on the command line instead, enable a mode derived from a language set on the command line, and if I would have a single command \setupexternalfigure[directory= that reacts to the language by using the name of the language as part of the directory?

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>