[NTG-context] blockligatures removing characters

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Mon May 9 15:03:22 CEST 2022

On 5/9/2022 9:56 AM, Denis Maier via ntg-context wrote:
> Happens here as well, already on  ConTeXt  ver: 2022.03.12 17:56 LMTX.
>
> By the way, this even happens without special fonts:
>
> \blockligatures[Th]
>
> \definefontfeature[default:blocklig][default][liga=yes,blockligatures=yes]
>
> \setupbodyfont[myfont]
>
> \starttext
>
> \definedfont[Serif*default:blocklig]
>
>      The This These are missing the `h'
>
> \stoptext
I'll fix it but it's not the way to do it in lmtx where we have

\startluacode
     local demo = {
         name    = "demo",
         options = {
             {
                 patterns = {
                     fio  = "f|io",
                 },
                 words = [[ fioot fiots ]],
             },
             {
                 patterns = {
                     fio  = "t|h",
                 },
                 words = [[ this that ]],
             },
         },
     }
     table.save("oeps-fixes.llg",demo)
\stopluacode

\setuplanguage[en][goodies={oeps-fixes.llg}]

\setupbodyfont[ebgaramond]

\starttext
     fiets fiots fiats fioot this that
\stoptext

I just added (no upload) this

\startluacode
     local demo = {
         name    = "demo",
         options = {
             {
                 substitutions = {
                     th = "t|h",
                     Th = "T|h",
                     st = "s|t",
                     St = "S|t",
                     fi = "f|i",
                 },
             },
         },
     }
     table.save("oeps-fixes.llg",demo)
\stopluacode

\setuplanguage[en][goodies={oeps-fixes.llg}]

\setupbodyfont[ebgaramond]

\starttext
     The This These fiets and thisthis thisfiets