[NTG-context] Is there a "smart" capitalisation implementation?

Zhichu chenzhichu at zjlab.org.cn
Sun May 8 06:55:47 CEST 2022

Hi,

I am going to convince the Board of a journal to consider ConTeXt as an additional option.
I want to make a module before I say anything. Right now I have this title problem.

The journal requires the titles to be CAPITALISED, except for the acronyms. I'm currently
using backticks `...` to wrap it and replace it with \egroup ...\WORD\bgroup{} with
lpeg. This kinda works, but that's so ugly. Besides, the actual story is that I also want to
add markdown as an option, so the backticks actually have meanings.

I also checked the typo-cap.lua file to get a clue. But I used to use TeX exclusively
and I have to admit that it's so overwhelming for a newbie.

I really like the way where bibtex treats words enclosed in curly braces are ignored.
Or are there something that's less aggressive than \WORD so the LaTeX trick works:
\def\NoCaseChange#1{\noexpand\NoCaseChange{\noexpand#1}}

Best wishes,
ℤhichu ℂhen