[NTG-context] Citeproc-lua

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri May 6 14:57:27 CEST 2022

Hi,

I had a quick look at this and it seems very extensible if-not-quite ConTeXt-ready right away.

On the input side, it reads a LaTeX .aux file to parse things like options, databases, and requested citations.
For this, it uses a dedicated “citeproc” lua script that should be easy to modify/copy for someone who knows what
is actually in the ConTeXt .tuc file.

On the output side, it uses a lookup table to generate the desired markup (in citeproc-formats.lua). Right now,
there are definitions provided for HTML and LaTeX, but that is very simple to extend.

There is a LaTeX package for the integration (making sure the right commands appear in the aux file,
option processing, et cetera), and that file I do not understand *at all*. It seems to be completely isolated
from the core citeproc processing, though.

Very promising stuff, I think.

But: I personally do not understand how to do the integration with ConTeXt’s new biblio system. I only understand
half of what ConTeXt does these days, and much less of what the LaTeX package is trying to achieve i.r.t. options.

Best wishes,
Taco