[NTG-context] how to choose a font variant "book" / LMTX

Heinrich Paeßens paessens at me.com
Wed May 4 18:44:13 CEST 2022

Hi there
I have a quick question:

I was successful to install and use a new font in LMTX (New Computer Modern). All good except that I’d like to use the »Book« variant instead of the »Regular« variant (NewCM10-Book.otf vs NewCM10-Regular.otf). Trying many ways but the right one.

please advise,
can I define something similar like \bf for bold — maybe \bk for book?

… all I get is

hp at mbp16 ~ % pdffonts page1.pdf
name                                 type              encoding         emb sub uni object ID
CRBMBE+NewCM10-Regular               CID Type 0C       Identity-H       yes yes yes      1  0

my definitions are:

\definefontfamily [newCM] [rm] [newcomputermodern10]
\definefontfamily [newCM] [ss] [newcomputermodernsans10]
\definefontfamily [newCM] [tt] [newcomputermodernmono10] [scale=0.85, features=none]
\definefontfamily [newCM] [mm] [newcomputermodernmath]
\setupbodyfont[newCM, rm, 10pt]

Many thanks
Heinrich