[NTG-context] Problem with a defined colour in MetaFun

Keith McKay mckaymeister at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 15:19:28 CEST 2022

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for your reply. I did as you suggested but it still never
worked. However it did make me delve further into the Metafun,
LuaMetaFun and the Colouring ConTeXt manuals where I found examples of
the *resolvedcolor* helper which I used as follows:

definecolor [name = "myColor", r = uniformdeviate(1), g =
uniformdeviate(1), b = uniformdeviate(1)];

for loop..

fill unitsquare xscaled 5cm yscaled .5cm shifted (7cm,i*cm)
withcolor(r[resolvedcolor("myColor"), white]);

endfor;

I also found the *namedcolor* helper and I could use it as follows:

fill unitsquare xscaled 5cm yscaled .5cm shifted (1cm,(2*i)*cm)
withcolor namedcolor("myColor2") ;

However, for some reason it did not work in:

fill unitsquare xscaled 5cm yscaled .5cm shifted (7cm,i*cm)
withcolor(r[namedcolor("myColor"), white]);

//

Thanks again for your suggestion//

Best Wishes

Keith//