[NTG-context] lua-widow-control module error in LMTX

Max Chernoff mseven at telus.net
Thu Apr 28 09:25:33 CEST 2022

On 2022-04-27 3:59 p.m., Eduardo Bohoyo wrote:
> When I uncomment grid=yes in my \setuplayout, lwc makes its real
> appearance on the scene.
So it looks like lwc was broken with grid snapping. This surprised me --
I originally wrote lwc *specifically* to use with grid snapping -- but it
looks like I quickly forgot about that goal and never actually tested it
with grids.

> I suppose that in other documents than mine,
> i.e. less complex, this performance would be a success. But in my file
> it is, considering my current aesthetic requirements, a failure. This is
> because for me grid=yes is a non-negotiable part of my code.

I _think_ that I've fixed it now. Can you try the beta version at

     https://github.com/gucci-on-fleek/lua-widow-control/releases/tag/release-47ff19d9804f6ecea64dda59426664680d9756e0

please? Hopefully this solves the issue.

> Do you want the new pdf with lwc actually acting on my file? Then you
> can get a better idea of what I mean by the end of some pages when I
> comment grid=yes (apart from the mischief that happens with the
> horizontal spaces in some paragraphs of the bibliographic section).
>
> Or, if you prefer, and you need more feedback, I can send you my current
> code to use it as a test bench for " daring " texts.

I was able to reproduce the issue just by adding

     \setuplayout[grid=yes]

to my "standard" test files, so I shouldn't need anything else, provided
that the above beta actually fixes anything. If there are still lingering
issues, then having the TeX source would likely simplify things on my end.

-- Max