[NTG-context] Need some hints to fix my standalon installation

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 20 19:18:51 CEST 2022

On 4/20/2022 7:07 PM, Christoph Hinterm├╝ller via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi Michael
>
> [Inline Response to message by Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context, Mi,
> paragraphs.]
>
>> The strange thing with fractions seems to be due to the parameter
>> FractionNumeratorDisplayStyleShiftUp in lm.lfg. If you always set it
>> to 600, it seems to work also for luatex. (This will be fixed.)
>>
>> Another thing: Instead of using \over, I suggest that you use \frac
>> (less surprises). Something like:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startformula
>>          a=b + 1
>> \stopformula
>>
>> \startformula
>>          a = \frac{ b + \mu }{ c }
>> \stopformula
>>
>> \startformula
>>          a = \frac{\frac{ b + \mu }{ c } + e}{ d + i }
>> \stopformula
>> \stoptext
>
> Thank you very much for the hints. \frac didn't help either even after
> moving broken installation aside and doing a fresh install with
>
> sh ./first-setup.sh --modules=all --context=latest
>

> Results still similar see attached.
We had to adapt the lfg file for lm (other fonts are ok) so i'll make an
update.

If you're in a hurry, in lm.lfg:

         parameters = {
             FractionNumeratorDisplayStyleShiftUp = 600, -- used to be a
function
             NoLimitSupFactor                     =   0,
             NoLimitSubFactor                     = 900,
          -- AccentBaseHeight                     =   0,
             AccentBaseDepth                      =  50,
         },

can be adapted.