[NTG-context] Need some hints to fix my standalon installation

Mikael Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:12:40 CEST 2022

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 5:03 PM Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
<ntg-context at ntg.nl> wrote:

> On 4/20/22 12:34, Christoph Hintermüller via ntg-context wrote:
> > Hi
> > Have updated my standalone installation from one of the 2020 releases
> > to the latest one running
> >
> > ./first-setup.sh --context=latest --modules=all
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> sorry for the obvious suggestion «post facto»: never update ConTeXt
> without a backup first.
>
> > [...]
> > Therefore i have the following questions
> >  - would it help to sacrifice the updated standalone installation and
> >    do a fresh install
>
> I don’t think it would work, since it only works with LuaMetaTeX.
>
> I got the same results (in Windows [because I cannot make it work in
> Linux]) with LuaTeX 1.15 (the one that comes with ConTeXt LMTX).
>
> My suggestion would be a fresh install (in a different directory, no
> need to remove anything) of ConTeXt LMTX.
>
> >  - What else i would have to check and probably fix to make the math
> >    working as expected
>
> Math is being improved in ConTeXt these days. It might be a bug.
>
> I wonder whether Mikael or Hans could review your issue.
>
> Just in case it might help,
>
> Pablo

The strange thing with fractions seems to be due to the parameter
FractionNumeratorDisplayStyleShiftUp in lm.lfg. If you always set it
to 600, it seems to work also for luatex. (This will be fixed.)

Another thing: Instead of using \over, I suggest that you use \frac
(less surprises). Something like:

\starttext
\startformula
        a=b + 1
\stopformula

\startformula
        a = \frac{ b + \mu }{ c }
\stopformula

\startformula
        a = \frac{\frac{ b + \mu }{ c } + e}{ d + i }
\stopformula
\stoptext

/Mikael