[NTG-context] Math functions not typeset inside MetaPost

śrīrāma citturs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:59:36 CEST 2022

Hi Hans,

[I am sending this again since the previous mails regarding were sent during
the weekend].

I am on the most recent upload of LMTX [2022.04.15 20:20]. However, when I try
to use math functions inside MetaPost strings, the function is not typeset
correctly. Please consider the following MWE:

  \starttext
    \startMPcode
    draw textext("\m{\max_i x_i}");
    \stopMPcode
  \stoptext

which produces the output attached here as an image. Instead of the mfunction
maxᵢ xᵢ
some form of the string mathfunctionhandlelabel is typeset.

I tried to inspect \math_function_handle_label [math-ini] and also mp-mlib and
mlib-pps but could not figure out what is going wrong. I wonder if there is a
backslash missing somewhere. I am a little worried since I use MetaFun in
conjunction with maths and could not figure out what the issue is.

Please see the original post by Dalyoung here:
  https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2022/105462.html

Please advise.

Thank you,
  Sreeram