[NTG-context] right item marks for associative questions? (śrīrāma)

śrīrāma citturs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 15:28:43 CEST 2022

On 4/16/22 5:31 PM Damien Thiriet via ntg-context wrote:
> Could you explain the whereabouts of calling to context.(start|stop)()?
> Some expansion stuff?

I must admit that I am not a (LuaMetaT)eXpert. My limited understanding is
that it might be due to expansion and the behaviour of (start|stop)item, or
equivalently (start|stop)itemgroupitem. It does not seem to group like (most?)
other groups. (see strc-itm.mklx)

For instance if we switch to bold without grouping inside \(start|stop)item it
cascades through.
  \startitemize[circle]
  \startitem \bf First \stopitem
  \startitem Second \stopitem
  \startitem Third \stopitem
  \startitem Fourth \stopitem
  \stopitemize

In fact, you could just put the lefttoright call inside context.(bgroup|
egroup): see p. 196 of the cld manual. (start...stop are  anyway ConTeXt'ized
versions of those).

Best,
  Sreeram