[NTG-context] cropoffset reduces paper size

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Fri Apr 15 21:31:24 CEST 2022

Hi, at least in the current and previous LMTX beta, the paper size gets
reduced if I use cropoffset as well as \setupinteractionscreen.
(It is known that the PDF box settings only work with the latter.)

In the MWE below, paper size gets reduced by cropoffset:

\setuppapersize[A4]

\setuplayout[
   cropoffset=10mm,
]

\setupinteractionscreen[
   width=max,height=max,
]

\starttext
\showframe

\samplefile{knuth}

\stoptext

If I set:

\setuppapersize[A4][A4,oversized]

\setuplayout[
   marking=on,
   location=middle,
   cropoffset=7.5mm,
]

Then the resulting paper size is A4, because the "oversized" factor is
nulled by the crop offset.

While I can work around this "feature", the behaviour is different from
earlier versions. Can’t check with MkIV, since that doesn’t work any
more, as reported by Pablo et al.

Hraban