[NTG-context] fatal error in LMTX

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Tue Apr 12 19:14:08 CEST 2022

Hi Hans,

I have a minimal sample that triggers a fatal error in ConTeXt LMTX
(current latest from 2022.04.11 19:27):

  \starttext
  \startfrontmatter
  \input zapf
  \stoptext

This gives the following error message:

  mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 0.386 seconds, 1 processed pages,
    1 shipped pages, 2.592 pages/second
  mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1

The one above is a stupid sample. But it took me about two hours to
discover what was triggering the fatal error message.

I wonder whether it would be possible that ConTeXt or LuaMeTaTeX could
be more verbose about an opened environment that isn’t closed.

Many thanks for your help and your excellent work,

Pablo