[NTG-context] Setting up zint on a mac with macOS Montery Version 12.3.1

Luis Montgomery monty.luis at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:00:34 CEST 2022


On my macOS High Sierra your MWE works fine. Although I remember that
I didn't use Homebrew, but had to build zint manually.

>From log:


optional > using library
'/Users/monty/context/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/lib/luametatex/zint/libzint.so'

Here it is enough that
libzint.so be a link:

libzint.so -> /usr/local/lib/libzint.2.10.0.0.dylib

Delete the texmf-cache and run ./mtxrun --generate again, once you've
made this link (or copied libzint.2.10.0.0.dylib to
$TEXROOT/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/lib/luametatex /zint/libzint.so)

[image: image.png]

Greetings,

L. Montgomery

PD.- Does zint-qt work well?


El dom, 10 abr 2022 a las 8:49, Keith McKay via ntg-context (<
ntg-context at ntg.nl>) escribió:

> Hi All
>
> I have been struggling today trying to setup and use the Barcode module
> zint in ConTeXt and failed. I have followed the instructions on the wiki (
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Barcodes ) but with some changes as
> follows. Which maybe why I failed.
>
> 1) I downloaded Zint using Homebrew since I'm using macOS, and installed
> it according to the instructions.
>
> 2) Since I'm using LMTX I looked for the file libzint.dylib and found it
> in /opt/homebrew/Cellar/zint/2.10.0/lib . This is different from the path
> given on the wiki. The directory contained three files, two of which were
> aliases,  libzint.2.10.dylib and libzint.dylib, and an exe file
> libzint.2.10.0.0.dylib
>
> 3) I created the path $TEXROOT/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/lib/luametatex/zint
> and copied libzint.2.10.0.0.dylib into but replaced dylib with 'so' as
> suggested on the wiki instructions. So I basically added
> lib/luametatex/zint to texmf-osx-64/bin .
>
> 4) I ran mtxrun --generate to update the database.
>
> 5) I ran the MWE below but no barcode appeared. The console output shows:
>
> *modules > using user prefixed file 'libs-imp-zint'*
>
> *modules > 'zint' is loaded*
>
> however further down the output it gives:
>
> *optional > unable to locate library 'libzint'*
>
> I have tried renaming libzint2.10.0.0.so to libzint.so, but still no
> barcode. Is their something I am missing? Tips or hints appreciated.
>
> Best Wishes
>
> Keith McKay
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%% MWE %%%%%%%%
>
> \usemodule[zint]
>
> \starttext
>
> \barcode[alternative=isbn,text=9783865419026,width=4cm]
>
> \barcode[alternative=isbnx, text=9783865419026, width=4cm]
>
> \barcode[alternative=qrcode, text={https://wiki.contextgarden.net},
> width=3cm]
>
> \stoptext
>
>
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to
> the Wiki!
>
> maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl /
> http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
> webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
> archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
>
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/attachments/20220410/b4ec0a81/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image.png
Type: image/png
Size: 312 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/attachments/20220410/b4ec0a81/attachment-0001.png>


More information about the ntg-context mailing list