[NTG-context] Setting up zint on a mac with macOS Montery Version 12.3.1
mckaymeister at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:49:30 CEST 2022
I have been struggling today trying to setup and use the Barcode module
zint in ConTeXt and failed. I have followed the instructions on the wiki
( https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Barcodes ) but with some changes as
follows. Which maybe why I failed.
1) I downloaded Zint using Homebrew since I'm using macOS, and installed
it according to the instructions.
2) Since I'm using LMTX I looked for the file libzint.dylib and found it
in /opt/homebrew/Cellar/zint/2.10.0/lib . This is different from the
path given on the wiki. The directory contained three files, two of
which were aliases, libzint.2.10.dylib and libzint.dylib, and an exe
3) I created the path $TEXROOT/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/lib/luametatex/zint
and copied libzint.126.96.36.199.dylib into but replaced dylib with 'so' as
suggested on the wiki instructions. So I basically added
lib/luametatex/zint to texmf-osx-64/bin .
4) I ran mtxrun --generate to update the database.
5) I ran the MWE below but no barcode appeared. The console output shows:
/modules > using user prefixed file 'libs-imp-zint'/
/modules > 'zint' is loaded/
however further down the output it gives:
/optional > unable to locate library 'libzint'/
I have tried renaming libzint188.8.131.52.so to libzint.so, but still no
barcode. Is their something I am missing? Tips or hints appreciated.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%% MWE %%%%%%%%
\barcode[alternative=isbnx, text=9783865419026, width=4cm]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ntg-context