[NTG-context] Switching fonts changes framedtext justification

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Tue Apr 5 16:17:50 CEST 2022

On 4/5/22 03:16, Thangalin via ntg-context wrote:
>> The font is too old, but the TTF version works just fine on both Linux
>> and Windows.
>
> No dice with LMTX 2022.04.01 09:37 and the TTF file. Using the TTF,
> the emojis don't appear, but the text is justified. Using the OTF, the
> emojis appear, but the text is unjustified.

Both things work on both Linux and Windows systems.

  \definefontfamily[emoj][rm][OpenSansEmoji]
  \setupbodyfont[emoj]
  \starttext
  \startTEXpage[offset=1em, align=center]
  Welcome to the future,\\human 👽!
  \stopTEXpage
  \startframedtext
  \input zapf
  \stopframedtext
  \stoptext

> What version of ConTeXt are you using, Pablo?

Current latest from 2022.04.01 09:37. Binaries for 64bits on both OS.

Just in case it may help, I recommend the following approach.

1. Remove the file OpenSansEmoji.ttf.
2. Remove the directory tex/texmf-cache/luametatex-cache.
3. Run mtxrun --generate.
4. Compile the sample above.

BTW, "mtxrun --scripts cache --erase" doesn’t work for me (just in case
anyone wonders).

I hope it may help,

Pablo