[NTG-context] Switching fonts changes framedtext justification

Thangalin thangalin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:49:08 CEST 2022

Hi again,

> > The .otf file is from:
> > https://github.com/MorbZ/OpenSansEmoji
>
> That’s 9 years old. The linked resources were updated later and are
> still outdated. There must be a better Emoji font out there?

You would think so. I haven't found any that are free for
personal/commercial, open-source, black & white, and work with
ConTeXt. Here's one list of various fonts:

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/a/117696/4902

The Noto Color Emoji font includes Noto B&W Emojis:

https://github.com/googlefonts/noto-emoji/raw/main/fonts/NotoColorEmoji.ttf

But it seems the Unicode glyphs and Latin glyphs won't appear at the
same time. (Each glyph would have to be wrapped in its own font macro.
Open Sans Emoji has glyphs that are a bit more print-friendly and
supports both Latin and Emoji glyphs.)

Thanks for taking a look.